Monday, 29 April 2013

♥ Made from a soap box ♥


My Mum bought me a beautiful shea butter soap and I thought to myself as I was about to throw the box out to give myself a challenge to use it on a card :)
I cut out different parts of it using my Hero Arts hexagon dies and arranged them until I was happy with the design,  some of hexagons are on 3d foam dots, but can't capture on camera (",)
Using my stitched rectangle mats from Lil' inkers and stitched banner, a sentiment from a Clearly besotted, "spring blooms" set and the kraftcard as base card.
I'm going to give this card to my Mum, and she looooves framing things, so I know this will be off to my local framing studio (Sarah's framing Studio).

Have a lovely day ♥


5 comments :

Angi Barrs said...

The hexagon shapes are so fun & pretty!

Sasha said...

Love how you laid out your hexagons, Marlou. Fab colours and stamping, too!
Sorry I've been away for a while, but looking back you have created some beautiful cards. I love your tulip one! xx

pattyo said...

Very pretty!

Deepti said...

Dear Marlou,

Hope this finds you in great spirits and creativity!!

I'm Deepti Malik (http://deesartutopia.blogspot.com/), the Team Member of Fascinating Fridays at Paperie Designs' Studio (http://paperiedesignsstudio.blogspot.com/)

We feature creative artists every Friday throwing spotlight on their crafting careers...

It will be our pleasure to feature your overwhelming creations at Paperie Design's Studio

If you're interested to be our next star, then do reply me back at
deepti.rules1980@gmail.com

Waiting to hear from you soon!!

Take care
Deepti

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card Marlou, beautiful packaging and a great thing to re-use it. Love the hexagons and I think I'm going to have to invest in those stitched rectangles!! xx