Wednesday, 31 October 2012

♥ Let's Craft and Create ~ Pearls & lace ♥


This fortnight our challenge over at  Let's Craft and Create is "Pearls and Lace"  ..  I used this beautiful rose stamp from Stephanie's Clearly Besotted stamps, "Happy everything" ... This is my first time in a very long time that I was able to get my copics out and sit and colour :) :)  I was so delighted that my hand didn't shake :)  I know my colouring isn't perfection, but for me this was a huge step in my recovery :) :)
The sentiment is from "Twinkle toes" and patterned paper from Echo Park ~ Victorian gardens.
I added my lace to the bottom and let it slightly hang over the edge adding my pearls.
My team pals have made absolutely beautiful cards if you would like to pop over and see and get some inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by
Marlou ♥♥

15 comments :

Mandy said...

Mariou this stunning! I tried to add your card but can't do it from iPad. If you had problems sending it to Eileen perhaps you could try sending it to VIcky, I am sure she won't mind adding it for you.

Take care
xx

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card Marlou, I love the red on the rose. That's great you managed to sit down and colour without shaking :0) xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi marlou
Fabulous colouring and a gorgeous card....
Hugs sylvie xxxx

Diane said...

OH, how gorgeous, Marlou! What a great layout...simple but with just enough to showcase that gorgeous rose. Very pretty pearl touches too.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card!

Pia S said...

I think you've done a wonderful job with the coloring, Marlou!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card, Marlou!! So glad you had a better day physically!!

pattyo said...

This is beautiful, Marlou!

Abby's Paperie Garden said...

Hello dear Marlou,

Your coloring is beautifully done. I'm glad to hear your are feeling better. Thank you for your recent comment on my blog. We made it through the storm ok and I'm feeling so very blessed after seeing the devastation throughout my area.

xo,
abby

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, beautiful card. I'm so tempted buy this stamp set. Pleased for you that things are improving.
luv
Debby

Rose Ann said...

Your rose looks so beautiful, Marlou...and I love that strip of lace & pearls!! Such a pretty card!!

Beth said...

Wow Marlou what a beautiful card that flower is gorgeous and I just love that gold border on the side.

Vicky said...

Beautiful card Marlou! SO glad to hear you can colour again. :)xx

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Marlou, love the rose. Hope you are feeling better

Sasha said...

This is a stunner, Marlou! I love florals! You have coloured your rose beautifully! :)x