Wednesday, 5 September 2012

♥ Let's Craft and Create ~ Anything but a card ♥

Hi everyone ... This fornight's challenge at Let's Craft and Create is "Anything but a card"
We would love to see all your different creations :) 
Pop over to our challenge blog to check out all my talented team pals creations, they are beautiful.
I made this magnet for my fridge :)  I used my new Sizzix jar and label die (they are hard to find now as it's an original, but I got this last month from Cutting Edge Crafts)  I cut the base from chipboard and the gorgeous papers are from Andrea Budjack's new digital collection.  I was very brave and "machine stitched"  through the chipboard ... LOL ... I was sooooo nervous (",)  anyhow my good ole Pfaff machine was fabulous!!!  The back of it (which I didn't photograph) has 3 strips of sticky magnet (amazing stuff!! ) and I added lace, felt flower & button and red chipboard heart to decorate and the stamped sentiment is from my all time favourite Papertrey ~ LOVE LIVES HERE set
This measures around 3" x 4" so quite good size.  Loving all these jars that are on trend at moment

Have a fab day
Marlou ♥

10 comments :

Sasha said...

This is so sweet, Marlou. I love the fresh pink and white gingham and your pretty embellishing. Love the lace trim xx

Rose Ann said...

I love your pretty gingham, little heart, and your lace and flower are perfect touches!! Such a sweet magnet, Marlou!!

Mandy said...

Really love this magnet Marlou...great stitching !!

xx

Debbie said...

What a cute magnet!! Stitching through chipboard is impressive!!

Traci M said...

What a sweet magnet...love your little jar!! Thanks for the comment on my blog, Marlou. Kris Breach designed my blog and added the signature. I am sure she could help you!

Donna said...

Totally adorable Marlou. Hope your keeping well hun, I've been absent from blogland again, its just crazy over summer with the kids off school and I'm glad to be getting back into some sort of routine and back into crafting. Donna x

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, this is so sweet, Marlou! I love all the mason jars, too. I have some old ones that were my grandmother's that I treasure. Love that you turned this cutie into a magnet! The label is adorable and I love the lace trim and red heart. Really adorable!

Eileen said...

Love your magnet it looks really neat.

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous Marlou! I love your sweet little magnet!

Beth said...

Marlou what a pretty canning jar and great magnet....beautiful.