Saturday, 21 July 2007

Melissa Phillips card challenge


I decided to take part in Melissa Phillips card challenge, since im doing nothing else today.
So 5 things Melissa would like to be added to the card are :
stripes
plaid
a heart
ribbon
rub-on
The paper is all from the englsh paper co. {so that took in the stripes & plaid}
The heart is from rebeccas scrapbooking stash {I added the stitches, brad & with love tag}
rub-ons {bracket & fancy frame from american crafts} the miss you sentiment was lying around my craft desk forever, so long I dont know who its by or where its from {lol} And thats it,hopefully!! The reason it ended up as a "miss you" card, is because it was the only sentiment I could find that fits in frame :)
Does anyone have anyone they miss?? Well if you do post me a comment and I will choose whoever needs it the most.
Oh and before I forget, disappointment with my little sewing machine, I dont know if its something im doing wrong or what, but one minute it sews, then not and sew on and sew on..
Then the needle fell out, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!
So it could mean that the good ole singer might be getting a dust off and brought to use after
goodness knows how many years...
happy crafting xx

18 comments :

Flossie's Follies said...

What a beautiful card, you lnailed the challenge, love the papers and colors you used.

JACKIE M said...

great card love the black ribbon with the pink.

Kate said...

What a fabby card.Just gorgeous.

Just noticed that you have down about your Elsie banner. I saw it on another blog and copied it from there, do I need to e-mail someone for permission to use it???

Emilia said...

Here comes the stitched heart !! I love it!

Wati Basri said...

marlou, i suggest you go and change your sewing machine to another one. mine didn't give that problem!

KIMBERLY said...

Great job with this challenge! Love the ribbon, nice touch.

Kate said...

Thanks for adding me to your links {{HUGS}}

Mandy said...

Awhh shame about the sewing machine, hope you get it sorted. Really pretty card you have there.

Karen said...

That's alot to put in one challenge! Great card. Check your little sewing machine and make sure it's threaded correctly.

Karen said...

http://www.provocraft.com/help/faq.php?topic=sewcrafty

Try this!

~Nancy~ said...

Wooww.. love your card! Awesome job on this challenge girlie!! WOW!!! (totally loooove Melissa's challenges always too!).Thanks for visting my blog!! So sweet of you! (my doggies are Maltese and Maltese/Shi Tzu.. but I think that's a little bit like Havanese doggies right??) Have a great sunday and talk to you soon! XOXO

Leigh said...

Gorgeous card Marlou. Hope you get your sewing machine sorted out.

Ingrid said...

I came across your blog via Nancy's blog. :-) You really make gorgeous cards.

So Sonya said...

What a stunning card, well done!

mum on the run said...

Lovely card, great take on the challenge :)

The Fauth House said...

Great job!
:) Domenica
http://craftyincalgary.blogspot.com

Audrey said...

fabby card Marlou

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!